We just signed up a church, auto mechanic shop, and a plastics manufacturer to new 36 month electric contracts that start later this fall once their current electric supply contracts end. The church is currently savings 17%, autobody shop 20%, and the plastics company 30% v. the current Comed electric supply rate.
All three customers still take advantage of the savings on their current contracts. With the new contracts coming on the heels of when the current contracts expire, the customers do not go in between contracts that can result in higher billing.
In addition, the rates they are locking up now for the fall should be well below where rates are headed.
We anticipate the Comed electric rate to jump 40% or more starting June 1, 2022.
Cybersecurity - the state of being protected against the criminal or unauthorized use of electronic data, or the measures taken to achieve this.
Here are some cybersecurity questions to consider to prevent threats to your business:
1. As the complexities of your environment change, how have your security plans evolved with your technology investments?
2. What are you doing to stay ahead in the cybersecurity and threat landscape to ensure you are protected from evolving threats?
3. Do you have compliance obligations? If so, what are they?
4. Specifically, what are you doing for email and security endpoint protection, and how is it managed?
5. What is your cloud security strategy?
6. If you had an incident/emergency right now, would you know? How would you react to that? How much revenue lost/downtime can you tolerate in the event of an attack?
7. How many people do you have in IT, and more specifically, do you have a dedicated security engineer on sta, or do you work with a trusted third-party risk and assessment advisor?
8. When was the last time you were audited or tested, and would you be open for aligned partners with you on this?
Let me know if you'd like to discuss cybersecurity with me and my partners.
Gas supply rates up 63% in May
Check out the graph on gas. Recall last fall when prices were jumping? Look at it now.
Please keep in mind this is natural gas, but electricity follows the prices of natural gas, press the Forecast tab to see what the future market is looking like:
Natural gas - 2022 Data - 1990-2021 Historical - 2023 Forecast - Price - Quote - Chart
Nicor June gas supply rate $1.11/therm up from $.68/therm in April.
If your business is not under an energy contract, you are likely paying too much.
Please email me your recent gas and electric bills and I'll send you options for saving money on energy costs.
Effective 5.1.22 Nicor increases gas supply rate
Due to the increased market price of natural gas and other factors, the Nicor gas supply charge will be $1.11/therm in May, compared to $0.68/therm in April.
That's a 63% increase folks.
There are ways to help both your business and residential energy supply costs.
Please contact me for more information.